Pages

As for me and my blog, we will serve the Lord.


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Artistic Expression

First attempt at art journal

It’s downright funny to use that term (“artistic expression”) in reference to ME. In fact, if this post is being visited by a family member or close friend, they are double-checking the address for this link, as we speak. If there ever was anyone NOT artistic, that would be me.

But I am a journal-er. In previous posts I have shared about how many journals I have in progress at any given time. So when I heard the term “art journal” being discussed among some of my crafting friends, it was intriguing. As a result of some research into the idea, I am taking a free online class on art doodling, as I start to learn some techniques that I can use in an art journal.

This is my first ever “art” project. When I was almost finished with the piece, I received a phone call that my mother-in-law had passed away (not unexpectedly). That’s when I added “The Lord is my shepherd” to the painting, to mark the significance of this piece.

On the work, I used various media: water color spray, oil pastels, acrylics, several kinds of markers, India ink, white gel pen, and more.

It is fun. I am a realist; I will never be good at this, but I can see how I can use this as a means of “artistic expression,”….yes, that COULD even be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment