Pages

As for me and my blog, we will serve the Lord.


Friday, March 2, 2012

2012 Tags--March Tag

12 Tags of 2012 March cornered pixlr

Making do with what I have—that was my theme for this tag, inspired by Tim’s March tag. I cut the butterflies on grunge paper on my Cricut (one from Paper Lace and one from Kate’s ABC’s). I ran them through the xyron and embossed them with American Crafts pewter powder.

The background stamp and the sentiment are from Wendy Vecchi’s Sentimental Art. I started with a manila tag and inked with Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass and Dusty Concord Distress Inks, using the same colors to dye all the lace and trimmings.

IMG_1283

The mosaic technique taught by Tim is quite lovely, I think, but it is very painstaking, clipping all those tiny snippets and then applying Glossy Accents over each one.

The butterflies reminded me of one of my favorite classical pieces from my piano lessons, Edward Grieg’s “Butterfly.” My International Library of Music, Book 3, always falls open to that page. I used it for the background for the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment