Pages

As for me and my blog, we will serve the Lord.


Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Heritage of Bird Hunting (Scrapbook Page)

IMG_0819 

Having completed the 12 Tags of Christmas as my introduction to the Tim Holtz technique, I was determined to implement some of the vintage techniques into my scrapbook pages, as this is the primary “crafting” that I do. I had just about completed my current layout (from November) when I received the rosette die. I thought it looked very difficult when I saw others use it, but it in fact was quite simple. So, I used that to embellish the page.

This evening I also watched Tim’s video on some ideas for using the kraft glassine paper (love it). When I saw his idea of printing a photo on the glassine paper, I knew how I wanted to bring that element into this scrapbook page, as my old photo of Daddy with Pooch came to mind. The photo was very faded, so first I edited it to make it a more intense black and white photo.

Obviously, due to the nature of the kraft glassine paper, the photo does not show up as well as it does in person. I am pleased with the effect and love the whole vintage idea of displaying a photo of my dad with his bird dog as an embellishment to the modern-day picture of my son with his bird dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment