Pages

As for me and my blog, we will serve the Lord.


Sunday, December 11, 2011

12 Days of Christmas – Day 9

Day 9 - Barbara FordTim’s tag for Day 9 used a combination of red and green (Festive Berries and Evergreen Bough) distress ink. I wanted to do something a little different, color-wise. Using the double embossing technique he demonstrated, I first stamped the tag with a Hero Arts stamp (not the one Tim used) with a white pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear powder. Then I stamped over the dry image with Evergreen Bough distress ink. I loved the way it looked as I applied this color. This is my new favorite color! Then I put clear embossing powder over all and heated again. This tag gave me the opportunity to use the charming little lamppost! Love it! For the soft glow in the lamp, I painted a little square of a kraft tag with the gold dabber paint. Applying a thick layer of Glossy Accents gave it the look of glass. For the “snow” I used Picket Fence Stickles.

So far, this one is my husband’s favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment