Pages

As for me and my blog, we will serve the Lord.


Friday, April 13, 2012

Compendium of Curiosities 2 Challenge: He Watches Over Me

cc2 challenge1 w border.jpg

I am playing along with the Compendium of Curiosities 2 Challenge on the Studio L3 blog.

Each week there is a challenge to make a project using a specific technique from Tim Holtz’s book, A Compendium of Curiosities Vol II. One of the sponsors of the challenge is Simon Says Stamp. I followed the instructions for the technique found on page 66 of Tim’s book, as the Challenge instructions specified.

I inked my stamp with archival ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I cut a small flourish from a TH die and inked it with Dusty Concord, embossed with clear. I also used a stamp from TH Floral Tattoo and the cross stitch stamp from TH Spring Sprung.

The die that I chose to use for the project is the bird from the “Caged Bird.” It reminds me of a promise from Scripture that I am especially needing to remember today:

Matthew 10:29-31 (NIV)

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.[a] 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment